Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Assignment 1

1.  Create an acrostic poem using your first name. So what you are going to do is use each letter in your name to create an adjective that describes you or use each letter to write something you like to do.
 
S  -   sleepy
O  -  optimistic
F  -  free
I  -  impulsive
A  -  apathetic

 

 2. What technologies do you use in your everyday life? Describe how and why you use the technologies you do.
 
I use my iPod like an alarm so I can be on time in school, also I use it to play candy crush because I am obsessed with it, another thing I used it for is to take pictures of every place I go or just of me and my friends. I use my iPhone to call my mom so she don't get scared of where I am .


 3. The ___System Unit______ is a case that holds the computer's critical components.


4. A(n) ___Workstation___ is a specialized, single-user computer that typically has more power than a standard PC.

5. A(n) __Network Server is usually a powerful personal computer that functions as the primary computer in a network.

6. __Supercomputers__ are the most powerful computers made.


7. What does "PC" stand for?
 
Personal Computers - A term that refers to any computer system that is designed for use by a single person.

 8. Research how computers play a crucial part in nearly every government agency. Pick an agency and discuss how that agency uses computers and why computers make their jobs easier. Some examples of government agencies that use technology frequently are the U.S. Census Bureau, IRS, Military, and Police.
 
POLICE
they save the information about the prisoners or fines in the computers, also the use the to make some research about gangs, terrorists or threats. also the use it as a method of
denouncement
.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment